Saturday, May 5, 2007

Some photos for you while we're stuck in NC!


The weather has us stuck in NC for at least a few more days, so I thought I'd post some of our many photos! This flower was in Charleston- does anyone know what it is? It was pretty large and definitely beautiful.


Cory's favorite seat in the boat! The fan in the lower left is our friend!!! and it is sitting on top of the range. The yellow thing to the right of the TV is my flannel-lined raincoat - I haven't had to use it yet- cross your fingers!


Sat pm- We checked & rechecked the forecast- it looks like we'll be in Wrightsville Beach, NC for at least 2 more days. Very windy (20-30 mph sustained- gale warnings) and showery. When we were with Dave we were cool & rained upon. Back here at the boat - 3 hours Southeast- it is WARM & rainy.We re-stocked the boat to prepare to sit for the 2 days- there is not much within walking distance. But we have books & TV & walking trails & internet & 1075 photos to sort thru!!! Plenty to do! Today I had my hair cut again, by a young Vietnamese woman with a NC accent!! We have met people from England, France, Ireland, Saskatchawan, and Vietnam. We had a great time visiting everyone this week, but we are looking forward to moving North again because that's where HOME is! Love to all -Linda
Stuck in port for probably the next 2 days. Sunday is supposed to have gale force winds in the afternoon. Less windy (20-30) on Monday,but still too strong to travel - especially since the wind will be out of the north. I really want to get moving north. I think we're all getting a little tired of being on the boat - 4 nights in real beds has made us soft. I just heard today that a friend of mine since childhood has died. I wish I could be at her funeral but that is simply not possible. My thoughts are with her family and friends. As you might have seen, I rented a pretty snazzy Mustang for 4 days. I wanted to compare it to the car I used to drive in 1970 - a 1964 1/2 Mustang. It was fun to drive but I think Linda was a little mortified with the color and style. Plus she had to sit in the back seat when we were visiting Dave. We had a great time seeing him. We got a tour of UNC and got to see his office. Pretty cool. Well, we'll see how Linda does stuck for the next 2 days. We have wi-fi, cell phones, and cable TV - I'm happy. Bye Ken

1 comment:

Solveig said...

Priscilla says "It is a passion flower"
Miss you, Love, Solveig