Thursday, March 29, 2007

We were going to post pictures...

Aaaarrgg!!! I'm starting to hate this computer. Once again the wireless is not working. The card works but the computer doesn't. I didn't need to take boating courses for this trip - I needed to take computer courses. Well... that will explain why there are no pictures. However, both Linda and I wrote our blogging narrative without knowing that we wouldn't be able to download the pictures tonight. So I'm just going to post the narrative and if they refer to a picture just try to imagine what it might have looked like.
We'll try again tomorrow. Ken

Today was another long boating day. We put 4 more hours on the engine by going to Sanibel for lunch. We found a marina where we could tie up to the dock (for free) and they had an excellant restaurant on site. We sat in a gazebo watching a white egret-looking bird fishing. Everyone was extremely friendly, moreso than we expected. Linda had her haircut again today, the shortest yet, and it looks great. We’ve posted a picture of Cory at the dog park yesterday.

Today I saw a dolphin as we were boating, and 2 rays (I don’t know if they were “sting” or “manta”!)feeding at our marina. We rode thru the “miserable mile”- a stretch of the ICW that is definitely misnamed. You can go 25 mph -it’s about 40 feet wide- 8 feet deep, and surrounded by mangrove islands! It should be that “miserable” all the way home!
I got brave & had my hair cut REALLY short this am. Tammy, my hairdresser in CT, knows I am a chicken & took it easy with me! “Rosie” (here in Fla)- must think I’m much braver than I really am- so she chopped it off! But I have 2 months or more to grow it back. See- retired people have lots of things to do!!!! Love to all-Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We want pictures!!!!!
Alison