Monday, March 12, 2007

The boat is Launched!!

The boat has been launched and we are pleased to say that everything seems to be working properly. We launched the boat and then immediately drove .2 miles to the marina where we parked it. We still have some outfitting to do and we need to learn the various systems. While Linda and I were working on the boat Cory decided to fall into the water. It was a big surprise for everyone - mostly Cory. It turns out he can swim... at least for 10 seconds until he was rescued. You'll notice one of the pictures is of Cory's fabric dog crate. We got that because it was light. Cory - AKA Cujo - made short work of the door - escaping with ease after gnawing thru the screen. We are off to get a more hardy cage. Also - we still have not been able to use our computer to get online - the wireless card is defective - it only works for about 10 minutes before is shuts itself off. That's just enough time to log on then bomb out. We are still using the library computer. Tomorrow will be Linda's first post - we reserved the library computer at 0900 hrs. Tomorrow Dave arrives and on Wednesday Tom and Larry arrive. I won't mention the temperature - you northerners are so touchy about that. See you tomorrow!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi ken & Linda, I'm in I'm here I
made it!!!! Linda we miss you alot all is well. I loved my postcard you sent me. This site is awsome I love the pictures.
I was thinking of you linda 10 inches of snow/ice wishing you were
here. sandy