Tuesday, March 13, 2007

At last! Linda gets to blog!

Thank you to everyone who is reading & posting- it's fun to know you're all in this with us! The trip down was very long, but thank God Ken did all the driving- Cory & I just navigated! I was in a McDonald's in SC where a woman noticed my Lake George shirt. We got to chatting- she has a place on Lake George- and I told her how LG is one of my favorite places on earth. She said, "Small world, isn't it?" And I said,"NO, actually, after you've been riding in a truck for 3 days!"
Once you see, feel, hear, and touch the Gulf of Mexico, the length of the trip just disappears....
Lanny & Barbara generously gave me an iPod Nano as a retirement gift- I LOVE it! Last pm I walked the beach at sunset (my favorite time there) accompanied by music that I selected.
Ken & I have been playing Upwords- and he's winning more than I- just like at home. Yesterday we launched the boat and Cory decided he'd like to try "swimming" for the first time at 9 years old!He was only in for about 10 seconds (he fell off the dock trying to get on the boat), but he did fine. I hosed him off with fresh water, and actually he went from being very hot to being cooled off! Maybe he was just trying to escape the heat!!!!
I've only been called "sir" once with my new haircut! Actually I'm thinking of going blonder & shorter before we take off for the trip North- it's fun not blow-drying my hair in this humidity!
Today Dave arrives for about 5-6 days.I'm really looking forward to spending some "hang out" time with him - and playing with Ken & him in the traditional miniature golf tournament!
I guess if I don't get to blog for a long time I have a lot to say! We still are blogging at the library, and you have to reserve time slots. Next time we will post a new photo, but for now we're off to the boat and then to pick up Dave! I wish you ALL were here, but the house only sleeps 9!! Love to all- Linda

3 comments:

selandirv said...

Hi,travelers!
We have essentially been away since Jan.31 and must have crossed your path as we wended our way home slowly up I-75 arriving yesterday the 12th. So this is the first chance we have had to wish you well up the ICW. We know that good Ct. stock like you just love the cold weather but you will soon get used to our southern climate with all of its accompanying Carolina blazing blue skies, Georgian rain and S.C. mosquitos and no-see-ums. The closest we live to the shore is the Wilmington- Moorehead City area about 2 hours away. Good place for a good seafood dinner is The Sanitary restaurant. (Always loved that name)
I am in the proceess of emptying out our mailbox. The one downside of traveling without a laptop are the 136 messages waiting even though we have a sieve on our browser.
We will check up on you soon. Bon Voyage!
Selma and Irv

Solveig said...

Hi!

Can't wait to see blonder and shorter!!

Miss you guys,
Love, Solveig

Anonymous said...

Blonder and shorter...well, that's 2 out of the 3 members of The Lollipop Guild!