Friday, April 27, 2007

I am now done with Charleston and want to move on. Staying at one marina for 5 days has made me antsy. I need to get moving. No pictures tonight because free wi-fi is worth about what you pay for it. It is so slow that loading a picture takes upwards of 1/2 hour - too frustrating to do. The bad weather never showed - it went north of us- so I feel as though a lot of time has been wasted just sitting here. I'm hoping to start northward early (9am) tomorrow. We will be bucking the tide for the first 3 hours but once we're north of Charleston we enter a small, narrow channel for about 10-15 miles, then 20 miles in the Waccamaw River, which is supposed to be one of the most beautiful and pristine areas of the ICW. Then we cross the South and North Santee Rivers, then into the Estherville Minum Canal, then into Winyah Bay - off which Georgetown, SC lies. A total of 67 miles. I'm outta here!


Linda here- Well, I am having a good time- I like Charleston! The wind has been relentless, but the skies are blue and people are friendly. Today we went to West Marine & bought another life vest- so we are totally legal if we get boarded by the Coast Guard. (We had 2 inflatable vests which only count if you wear them all the time.) We went back to downtown & took a horse-drawn carriage tour of the city. Cory came with us! It was informative and pretty neat. Tomorrow we leave for Georgetown, SC- which is also supposed to be a fun stop. I have been in email contact with my cousin Judy (et al) who lives in Southern NC. We are looking forward to seeing familiar faces!!! I certainly hope we get to post more photos soon- I know that I really like to see photos on the blog, so you must, too! Love to all- Linda

No comments: