Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Just a quick note

Yes, we are alive. We are currently in Gainsville, FL - stopped for the night at a Best Western. We are 1250 miles into our 1550 mile trek. The boat and trailer are good and the truck is really working well. . We had a small glitch this morning when I noticed that the brakes were overheating on the trailer after just 10 miles of driving. After calls to Bob, Tim, the manfacturer and G&R Marine - I finally solved the problem myself. It only took 3 hours to find the stuck emergency breakaway brake release. We are treating ourselves to a Best Western after spending last night in an American's Best Inn - $39.00. It was horrendous! We hopefully will arrive in Fort Myers tomorrow afternoon. Cory has been great! Linda and I are getting used to being stuck for long times in a very small space. The boat is going to feel huge. Hello to all.

Ken and Linda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!
I'm glad all is going well. I said to Sandy this morning I wonder where Linda is. We are thinking about you and miss you. Robyn is doing great!

Solveig said...

Is Linda and/or Cory doing any of the driving?? Miss you, Solveig

Anonymous said...

And the adventure begins...
I hope the boat doesn't leak when you put it in the water. That would make the stuck brakes look like nothing.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Cory steering and Linda handling the pedals.

Anonymous said...

Linda,

I just want you to know that you are missing history in the making....the coldest night on record for the state of CT is supposed to be tonight!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Glad everything was OK. Tim says the tab is running. Just kidding call anytime. Enjoy!!!